Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pork Ribs in Homemade Sauce - Gluten Free

Pin It Now!
I cook early in the day during the week because I work evenings, so I take what I make for my dinner break.  It's nice to have a real meal for dinner rather than something quick, although there are times when I'm in a rush that egg salad will have to suffice.

Today I made pork ribs in homemade sauce.  I make my own due to my gluten and nut allergies.

Ingredients for Sauce:  Everything is done by eye and to taste.

ketchup
yellow mustard
garlic powder
garlic & herbs seasoning
salt (you can add black pepper if you like, I don't like it so I don't use it)
balsamic vinegar (go easy on vinegar, you don't want to overpower the dish)
olive oil

Tip:  McCormick does not put gluten in most of their seasonings.  Per my conversation with a company representative, if there is gluten in it, it will be listed!  ALWAYS CHECK FOR YOURSELF BEFORE USING OR EATING ANYTHING. 

Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl and blend together. Set aside to pour over ribs later.

Ingredients for pork ribs:
olive oil
garlic cloves


Put a small amount of olive oil in frying pan.  Chop garlic small and cook in oil until softened.  Add ribs.  Keep turning ribs until browned. Pour sauce over ribs and cook on medium until sauce is hot and bubbly.  Turn ribs once or twice and move around in pan so everything cooks evenly.  Serve with side dish or dishes of your choice!

I make extra and pack enough for two people in Chinese Food containers and either refrigerate and/or freeze for another meal.  Today I refrigerated one container and froze another.












I will link this recipe to Poor and Gluten Free,  Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share SundayTry A New Recipe TuesdaySaturday Dishes and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for various links!

If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here

1 comment:

  1. Great step by step photos! Thanks for posting on the Four Seasons Blog Hop! Sandra from Scrumptilicious 4 You!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics