Saturday, January 11, 2014

Polenta And Sausage!

Pin It Now!
Well, I first want to say, I'm so happy I found my tripod!  Yes, as I mentioned in my soup video, and in my blog post, I wasn't able to find my tripod since my move in August.  Well... I found it the other day.  Guess where it was.  In hubby's trunk.  Yes, it wound up in his trunk for the move and because he works on the road, he has a ton of "stuff" back there related to the road, break downs (to help others) etc. etc.  It must have looked like "equipment" to those helping us move and was shoved back with his stuff.  Someone probably thought his "equipment" rolled onto the items that were in there for the move and they shoved it into the back corner of the trunk (it's a big car with a huge trunk) with all his road stuff.

We donated the car to Make a Wish Foundation, so we cleaned it out and lo and behold, my tripod!  Yay. So I won't have to worry about almost dropping the camera into the soup anymore!!!!!  :)

Update:  :(  Boo, I can't really use my tripod in my new kitchen.  The microwave is over the stove, making it difficult to film.

I made a polenta and sausage dish for dinner for myself and my parents.  My hubby went to a friend's house to watch football and was having dinner there.  He wouldn't have touched it, he hates brussels sprouts, but they've always been my favorite veggie along with Spinach.  Yes, I was a strange child, I loved brussels sprouts and spinach, the things most kids despise!

Ingredients:

olive oil
butter
onions
garlic
celery
salt
brussels sprouts
sweet Italian sausage
chicken stock
polenta


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Chop onions, garlic and celery into small pieces.  Coat the bottom of a large frying pan with olive oil and some melted butter.  Add onions and cook on medium, stirring often.  Cut cleaned brussels sprouts in half and add to pan, stirring often.  Add garlic when sprouts start to soften.  Add celery.

Remove sausage from casing and cut into small pieces as shown in video.  Add sausage to pan, stir often. Cook until browned.  Add chicken stock to pan.

Open polenta over sink as it is packed in water.  Cut log into 1 inch strips.

Spray an oven-safe serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Make layers of sausage mixture from pan and polenta, the way you would a lasagna.

Once it's all layered, add some more chicken stock so it doesn't dry out in the oven.  Place in oven, uncovered and cook until sausage is nice and brown, brussels sprouts and darkening and middle is bubbling. Serve and enjoy!

Best eaten out of shallow soup bowls.

onions and garlic chopped and ready

softening onons

celery, picture from the internet


brussels sprouts

sausage, out of casing and cut

Polenta - picture from internet

chicken stock 

finished product
I will link this recipe to Poor and Gluten Free,  Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share SundayTry A New Recipe TuesdaySaturday Dishes and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for various links!

If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics