Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kitchen Tour and Mustard Potatoes

Pin It Now!
Well, I'm loving my new kitchen, my new oven, my new puppy and my new place.  I like the layout better than my old kitchen.  We still aren't completely done moving in.  The walls are bare; I need to get pictures hung soon. I have the cord to the laptop strung over the chair to keep the puppy from chewing it.  I now have two microwaves, one I took with me with the microwave stand which I love and use for my silverware and storage below of my large pot and some of my Tupperware.  The other one was here already, above the stove.  Hey, better to have two than none at all.

Tonight I decided to make dinner for myself and hubby and my parents.  I wanted to try a potato dish I came across and who better to try it on but the three of them!

I found the recipe at Cinnamon Spice And Everything Nice.  It looked really good.  I made slight variations to the recipe due to my allergies, nothing big.  While I was shopping today I was trying to find a Gluten Free mustard to use and couldn't, so I used French's Yellow because I know I can eat it without a problem.

Rather than retype, I'm just going to copy from the blog I got the recipe from.

Ingredients:


3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
1/2 cup dijon mustard (regular or whole-grain) - (I used French's Yellow due to my allergies)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper (I don't like black pepper so I left that out)
5 cups potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large, rimmed, thin baking sheet with olive oil.
Whisk mustard, olive oil, butter, lemon juice, zest garlic, oregano, parmesan, salt and a few turns or pinches of black pepper. Add cubed potatoes and toss well.
Spread out on baking sheet and bake until crusty and golden brown - they can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on how well done you like them and how big you cut your potatoes, check every 10 minutes starting around the 30 minute mark.

apologize for the pictures.  I don't know if someone messed with my camera, GRRRRR, or what, but I simply cannot get them to look the right way.  So... this is what we are dealing with.  

My new kitchen in my new place
ingredients

potatoes
Sweet Italian Sausage to go with the mustard potatoes
Everyone loved the potatoes.  I made sausage in the Nuwave oven as well and we had a big salad and that was dinner!

I will link this recipe to Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share SundayTry A New Recipe TuesdaySaturday Dishes and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for links to their sites!

If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here









1 comment:

  1. Your kitchen looks great! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday."

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics