Friday, July 19, 2013

So Many Ways

Pin It Now!
One of my favorite dishes is so quick and easy and there's so many ways to enjoy it.  All it consists of is cottage cheese and applesauce, to start anyway.  Sometimes I eat it as is, like I did tonight, but there's a lot of possibilities.

Ingredients:

Breakstone 2% low sodium cottage cheese - 1/2 cup = 90 calories
Mott's Natural Applesauce no sugar added - 1 of the small prepackaged cups = 50 calories

You can eat it mixed together in a bowl like you would ice cream or you can add a sliced banana (90 to 110 calories depending on size) to the mix for some texture and as a filler-upper, to make you feel more full if you are very hungry and/or hold you until your next meal if you are just looking for a midday snack.

Mix in slices of apple.

You may want to combine just the cottage cheese and applesauce but sprinkle on some cinnamon or brown sugar.

It makes a great spread on whole wheat toast.  Spread on top of toast, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.

Add berries to the mixture; blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries or a combination of some or all.

If you don't have a nut allergy like I do, you may want to add nuts; almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc. or any combination of the above.

Mix in sunflower seeds.

Add raisins either to the bowl of cottage cheese and applesauce or on top of the toast if using as a spread.

Enjoy with pineapple, or sliced peaches or pears or any combination of them all.

You can also make cottage cheese/applesauce pancakes or apple blitz pancakes!

There's simply so many ways to enjoy this delicious combination... cottage cheese and applesauce!  Give it a try and let me know how you liked it.


If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!

Check out some of my other favorite dishes below:  Click on links for recipes and instructions!

Special Needs Diets

Reene Pisi












For my intro click here










4 comments:

  1. I love your blog- as you might guess, I am quite a fan of the older recipes! Thanks for these treasures!

    Thank you for joining us for Let's Get Social Sunday!

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I am featuring this recipe this week! :-) Congratulations! :-) Be sure to stop by and grab an "I've been featured" button from my sidebar for your blog. The post should go live around 11pm Eastern on Monday. I hope you will be able to link up with us again this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will look to grab your button for sure!!!! It's so simple, yet so yummy. Hope you give it a try.

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics