Sunday, May 5, 2013

Roasted Red Potoatoes and Peas

Pin It Now!
I'm a night owl, always have been.  I know it sounds crazy to some, but I cook late at night at times.  I do a lot of things late.  I was cleaning the bathroom at 1 a.m. (by then it's morning, I know)  :)

Last night I made roasted potatoes with peas, I grilled some chicken breasts for hubby and I put up some chicken for the dog which makes great stock for soups and other dishes!

Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:

small red potatoes
white onions
red onions
garlic cloves
oregano
parsley
salt
butter
olive oil
water
peas



Wash potatoes in cold water.  Cut into bite sized pieces (try to keep all pieces the same size). Chop white and red onions and garlic.  Coat roasting pan with some cold water.  Add in potatoes, onions and garlic.  Season to taste with oregano, parsley and salt (you can also add red or black pepper if you desire).  Add a small amount of olive oil and a few pats of butter.  Cover with tin foil and roast in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.  Stir and add water if necessary.  When potatoes and onions are soft add in peas (if you use fresh or frozen add them to dish from beginning).  Cover and cook, again stirring often.  Uncover and roast about 10 minutes to crisp up potatoes and peas!  Stir and serve.  Enjoy!

I couldn't resist, I had a small plate around 11 p.m.









I will link this recipe to Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share SundayTry A New Recipe Tuesday, and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for links to their sites!

If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! My Italian eyes are definitely smiling. :-) Your post also made me laugh, because I, too, am a night owl, as I am reading this post at almost 1am. :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I can't wait to see what you'll share this week. :-) http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/05/try-new-recipe-tuesday-may-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was yummy. Thanks you. I just love your blog, it makes me feel at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Thank you for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday! Can't wait to see what you bring to our party next week!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics