Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ricotta Meatballs in Marinara Sauce

Pin It Now!
I decided to repost one of my most popular dishes!  Enjoy.

Ricotta Meatballs! I got the idea from Rediscovering Lost Arts From Our Mothers.  I didn't follow her recipe, I did my own thing, but her recipe inspired me!  All I can say is...  WOW!  They came out awesome.

Ricotta Meatballs In Marinara Sauce

Ingredients:

Marinara Sauce:
olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1 small onion
basil
red pepper
salt
1 can crushed tomatoes

Heat a small amount of olive oil in a sauce pan.  Add in chopped garlic and onion, cook on low until garlic browns and onion softens.  Add in crushed tomato. Season with salt, red pepper and basil.  Cover and simmer on low, stirring often, for about an hour.

Ricotta Meatballs:
1 package of ground veal, pork and beef mix
garlic powder
salt
parsley
1 red potato
1 egg
Ricotta Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix meat and all ingredients except cheese in a large bowl as shown in video.  Grind the potato into very small pieces.  Mix well with hands.  Add in cheese and mix well.  Don't overmix.  Roll meat into balls and place in pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Place in oven uncovered and cook 20 to 30 minutes.

When meatballs are nice and brown, remove from oven.  Coat the bottom of a serving dish that can go into the oven with a small amount of sauce.  Place meatballs in serving dish.  Cover with sauce.  Place Mozzarella cheese on top of each meatball.  Place in oven and cook until cheese melts.


Serve over pasta or rice of your choice or enjoy with a big salad.
















I will link this recipe to Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share SundayTry A New Recipe TuesdaySaturday Dishes and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for links to their sites!

If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here

5 comments:

  1. These look yummy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious. Homemade meatballs are the best! I love making mini ones to put in soup as well. The kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your delicious marinara sauce and wonderful meatball recipes! I will think of You , your Mom and Grandmother whenever I make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, your Mom and your Grandma for these wonderful recipes ....I cannot wait to try them! They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, I think of my two Grandmas often when I cook. I'm happy to say, my mom is still here with me to enjoy cooking with and for! And better yet, to have her cook for us! Now that is DELICIOUS. :)

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics