Monday, May 13, 2013

Chili In The Crock Pot

Pin It Now!
There are so many ways to make chili.  I love changing it up and keeping it interesting.  I had no plans to make chili over the weekend, in fact, I was looking on your blogs for a great ground beef recipe to try.  However, hubby requested chili, so chili it was!  I made it again with ground beef but also like to make it with ground turkey.

Check out my Superbowl Chili made on the stove top in one of my favorite pots, from a  pot set I received two years ago from a friend when I was getting married!

Chili in the crock pot this time around.

Ingredients:

olive oil
ground beef
onion
peppers
kidney beans
crushed tomatoes
tomato paste
salt
fresh basil

Coat the bottom of the crock pot with a very small amount of olive oil.  Set to high.  Add ground beef.  Add chopped onion.  Add chopped peppers (I used red and also decided to add some yellow).

Once the meat is brown and the onions and peppers have softened, add in the two cans of crushed tomatoes.  Add a little bit of tomato paste.  (My camera battery died and I had to recharge, so I didn't film adding in some salt and fresh sweet basil).  Add salt and basil to taste (I didn't add any sweetener due to the tomato paste being bitter since the peppers and basil are sweet).

Let the sauce cook about 20 minutes to a half hour.  Lower the crock pot setting to low and let simmer.  Add kidney beans and cook until beans are hot.

Cook brown rice or any rice of your choice.  Serve chili over rice.  Enjoy!


I had a wonderful weekend, especially yesterday, Mother's Day!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and a special Mother's Day!










I will link this recipe to Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share SundayTry A New Recipe TuesdaySaturday Dishes and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for links to their sites!

If you have any questions, want tips or would just like to chat, feel free to email me at Reenepisi56@gmail.com!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here

2 comments:

  1. I love chili in the crock pot, thanks for linking yours with me at Swap N Share Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great chili recipe. Making it in the crock pot is even better. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Your co host from Nosh My Way.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics