Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gluten Free, Diets, Hungry

Pin It Now!
I know how he feels, I had the same reaction to being told I was allergic to Gluten (see video below).  I'm also allergic to nuts and tree nuts and penicillin.  I knew about the penicillin for a very long time, however, I developed the gluten and nut allergy within the last two years, UGH.  But... it is what it is, right.  There are much worse things in life, trust me, I know!

I have to be careful.  I carry an epipen.  Fortunately, I've never had to use it, unfortunately, I've been rushed to the hospital via ambulance twice with a severe reaction.  After an episode I feel really sick; it takes a few hours before I'm feeling ok and about a day before I'm back to normal!

They say laughter is the best medicine!  This guy sure does dish out some good medicine.




Due to allergies and diabetes in our house, I cook meals that are gluten free, nut free and sugar free.  Sounds like it would taste like cardboard, right?  Wrong.  I manage to make delicious meals.

I made hubby an omelet this a.m. He says it was delicious!

Ingredients:

peppers - red, yellow and green
onions - red and white
scallions
turkey bacon
eggs
cheddar cheese

Fry turkey bacon until crisp and remove.  Turkey bacon does not make much grease so you can add the chopped veggies right into the pan to cook.  Cook on medium heat - scallions, onions and peppers.

Crack 4 eggs.  Use only one yolk, use just the whites of the remaining 3.  Beat eggs gently.

Crumble bacon into small pieces. Add to veggies.

 Add egg mixture to veggies and bacon and raise heat. Top with cheddar cheese.  Stir constantly.  Cook until eggs are dry and cheese is melted.  Serve and enjoy!






I will link this recipe to Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken ChickCountrified HicksSwap N Share Sunday, Try A New Recipe Tuesday, and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out or check out my sidebar for links to their sites!


Reene Pisi












For my intro click here


3 comments:

  1. hi, i following the "i love my post" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the follow, will def. check u out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love this. Pinned to my SD board. Thanks for joining Saturday Dishes. ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics