Thursday, February 14, 2013

Eggs in Purgatory

Pin It Now!
I saw this recipe on Laura In The Kitchen and decided to try my own version.  It came out really good!


Meat Sauce in Crock Pot:

Ground Beef
extra virgin olive oil
garlic
onion
basil
salt
red pepper
tomato puree
tomato paste
sugar or artificial sweetener

Coat the bottom of the crock pot with a small amount of oil.  Set crock pot on low.  Add meat, garlic, onion, salt, and red pepper.  Let meat cook until browned.  Add tomato puree and paste, season with basil and sugar or sweetener   Let simmer for about 2 hours or until meat is cooked thoroughly.  You can use sauce for a variety of meals or freeze for a future date.

Eggs in Purgatory:

Heat sauce on medium heat.  Add eggs and cook as shown in above video and my video.  Serve over brown rice or as desired.

I must say, mine came out very good.  I will definitely make it again.

As I post this, it's snowing yet again.  I can't wait for summer and fun summer dishes!







I will link this recipe to Foodie Friends Friday Linky PartWhipperberryThe Chicken Chick and One Creative Mommy.  Click on the links to check them out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics