Friday, January 11, 2013

Pork Sauce (Gravy)

Pin It Now!
I made a pork sauce (gravy) to go over my spaghetti squash as a change up.  It came out so delicious.  My hubby and I love spaghetti squash. Check out my pictures and videos below.  Also, at the end of the post are some links to other delicious meals!

Pork Sauce (Gravy):

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Onion
Garlic
Tomatoes (canned or fresh)
Tomato Paste
Salt
Red Pepper
Fresh Basil (or dry basil)
Sugar or Artificial Sweetener
Boneless Pork Chops

My video is giving me problems, I'm not sure why.  The entire video refuses to load.  However, I do have some of it.  The methods are listed below.


Chop onions and garlic very small.  Put about a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pot and heat.  Add onions and garlic and cook on medium heat, stirring often until onions are soft and garlic is brown.  Don't overcook as the garlic will become bitter.

Cut pork chops into cubes (I used 2 1/2 from the package)  Add to onion and garlic mixture and brown meat slightly.

Pour mixture into crock pot set to low.  Add sauce and tomato paste. Season with red pepper, salt, basil and sugar or artificial sweetener.  Cover crock pot and let cook about three hours.  Stir occasionally,

I used whole tomatoes which makes for a thinner sauce.  Pork also makes for a thinner sauce.  I thickened it with tomato paste, however, paste can make a sauce bitter, so per my Grandmothers and my Mom, when you use paste, add a little bit of sugar to the sauce, or, in my case, Artificial Sweetener.  

When sauce thickens and meat is tender, sauce is ready.  Pour over spaghetti squash or pasta or you can use on pizza toppings, for stuffed cabbage or stuffed peppers or just about anything you choose!







Now that winter is here and things have calmed down a bit, life was insane there for a long while, I will do more cooking.  I have many cookbooks that I have gotten some great recipes from. I absolutely love finding new and interesting recipes.  I love my cookbooks but I also love to check out recipes online on websites, YouTube and Blogs.

some of my many cook books.  
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics