Saturday, January 5, 2013

Intro - Who Am I

Pin It Now!



Hello to all.  Please allow me to introduce myself.  (check out video above)  When I was little I was called Reenee, pronounced with long e's, as in knee Ree Nee, Reenee.  I named the blog Reenepisi, I left of the last e for the hell of it,  because I thought it was cute and catchy and a play on my name, at least my new married name.

I remarried a year and a half ago after 17 years or so of single bliss.  I'm thrilled with my decision, he's wonderful.

I am of Italian descent and learned to cook Italian meals from my Italian grandmothers and mother.

Recently, some silly person told me that you can't serve spaghetti on paper plates.  I found that very, very amusing.  So, considering my family serves spaghetti on paper plates every Christmas Eve, and we thoroughly enjoy it, I thought I'd have some fun and dedicate my blog to my grandmothers and spaghetti!  After all, I grew up on it, pasta of all kinds, and until I developed a gluten allergy, I loved it.

Growing up, every Sunday was dinner at my grandmother's house, dad's mother.  The whole family was there and we had traditional Sunday dinner, which, of course was pasta, then a roast, veggies and potatoes, and after all that out came all the fruit, nuts and candy, then coffee and cake.  I miss those days. My family was originally from Brooklyn - the motherland!  :)


I do have dietary restrictions due to keeping an eye on diabetes and developing an allergy to both gluten and nuts.  It keeps things challenging.

I guess I'm not doing too bad.  I just had my physical and everything came back perfect.  No problems at all.  No high blood pressure, no anything, everything is completely normal and blood sugar is excellent and under control.

The kids are grown and I gave up my business which I wgorked about 60 - 90 hours a week at (I did that once the kids got older) so now I have a lot of time on my hands.  I do work a full-time job, evenings, which I love, since I'm a night owl.

I love to cook, I hate the winter, the cold and the snow stink.  So being I have so much time on my hands and being it's nasty and cold here in New York, I spend my free time cooking.  I love to watch cooking videos and read cooking blogs.  So I thought I would get in on it all myself.  It keeps me busy and amused.

I learned from the best, my two grandmothers and my mom.  I loved to cook since I was very young and used to cook with all three of them all the time.  I remember making homemade ravioli with my mom's mom from when I was about 6 or 7 years old and on.  I also helped her each year to can fresh tomatoes from her garden, which was an all day process.  They actually go in glass jars.  She also grew her own basil and a lot of other vegetables.

I get nothing but compliments on my dishes, so I would have to say the consensus is, I'm a pretty good cook.

I hope you enjoy!  Please leave comments on my posts, please be kind, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Happy Cooking.  Bon Appetite!



1 comment:

  1. I totally enjoyed reading this post and watching the video about Growing Up Italian.
    Sandra
    PS All that food on here looks amazing and makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics