Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Brisket In The Crock Pot

Pin It Now!
Brisket and cabbage with vegetables made in the crock pot equals delicious.  I usually put dinner up fairly early in the morning as I work evenings.  Yesterday morning, by 8:30 a.m. I was prepping for the meal. Prep time is about a half hour to 45 minutes.  Check out my pictures and videos below.  Also, at the end of the post are some links to other delicious meals!

Brisket and Cabbage with Veggies:

Ingredients:

beef brisket
cabbage
spanish onion
garlic cloves
celery
potates
carrots

Prep:  Peel and cut onion into thin slices.  Peel and cut garlic into small pieces, almost minced.  Wash and cut celery into small pieces.  Peel carrots and cut into even slices.  Peel potatoes, wash in cold water and cut into cubes (put cubes into a bowl of cold water so that they don't turn brown).  Wash cabbage and cut in half then cut halves into slices.  Rinse brisket under cool water.


Coat the bottom of the crock pot with a small amount of cooking oil.  Add in brisket, cabbage and the rest of the ingredients.  Add water to about 1/4 full in the crock pot.  Set crock pot on high, cover and let cook.  It will cook approximately 4 hours.  If desired, stir occasionally.  Add salt and either black pepper or red pepper or both once mixture cooks down a bit.

If the vegetables get soft and are fully cooked prior to the brisket, pull them out and place in large bowl.  Allow brisket to cook until very tender. It's done when it breaks into small pieces.

I added some salt and red pepper once the vegetables cooked down a bit, stirred it up and let it continue cooking.  Serve with mustard and either rice or bread if desired.




Enjoy.

Check out some of my other favorite dishes below:



4 comments:

  1. Saw your blog on GYB hop party. Stopping by. I love Italian food, so I think I'll look around.
    Dawn
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, Come back on Monday. I'm going to make a really yummy eggplant dish over the weekend with my own homemade sauce and lots of cheeses!!!! I think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the GYB to follow you here and to invite you to our Foodie Friends Friday linky party on my blog! Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through GYB hop. newest follower I love Italian food and will be excited to see your eggplants recipes as you said in your above comment ~ I love egg plants. Would like to invite you to our Foodie Friends Friday Linky party.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/2013/01/foodie-friends-friday-linky-party_10.html

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics